Due to COVID-19 in-person consultation is suspended.
If you are in need of essential services during this time please email GlassShop@chemistry.gatech.edu or call 404.894.4068 and I will be happy to assist your request.
My Favorite Element - https://youtu.be/DHwgYVvvQVo
GT Secrets - Glass Shop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ4-SrkU7YI
Tech in 60: Scientific Glassblowing Shop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSD3szAzEbA
The glass shop can fabricate scientific appartus from borosilicate glass (Pyrex) or fused quartz. Our scientific glassblower is available for consultation on the design, modification, construction and repair of vitreous scientific apparati. Shop capabilities include the preparation of silver mirrors and etching, cutting, grinding and drilling of glass. The glass shop is located in the ES&T building room L2305.
The Glass Shop will NOT accept dirty glassware. Please use the cleaning methods appropriate for your apparatus use. All glassware must be cleaned BEFORE it enters the Glass Shop
Please follow the procedures below to request services.
All Glassware must be cleaned prior to entering the Glass Shop. Dirty Glassware will NOT be accepted.
- Email a completed “Work Order Request” form along with any photographs and/or drawings to GlassShop@chemistry.gatech.edu
- Schedule appointments, if necessary, @ GlassShop@chemistry.gatech.edu
- The work order will be returned with the cost estimate for final approval.
- Approval requires an electronic ISS form with Doc ID # and Worktag # emailed to GlassShop@chemistry.gatech.edu (Note: these forms can not be accepted as “pending” and must be sent via email.
- Once the electronic ISS has been received, you will be sent a confirmation email and the project will be placed in the scheduling que for fabrication.
- Upon completion, you will receive a request for pick up. The work must be picked up within 3 business days and inspected by customer before leaving the Glass Shop.
*Emergency repairs will be handled on a case by case basis*
Office Hours M-F 1-3pm Due to COVID-19 in-person consultation is suspended.
The Glass Shop is open Monday - Friday 7am - 3:30pm.