Applications for 2024 Open in August 14, 2023! *Submit by DECEMBER 1st, 2023 for priority consideration, Late applications accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis!
Information on how to apply to Georgia Tech for graduate school is given on the Graduate Education Admissions page.
Students are welcome to complete a free pre-application form to get an initial review to determine their likelihood of admissibility to our program. In this review, we use our standard departmental admissions criteria and review process to provide feedback to the student. Students who receive a positive response from this pre-application will be invited to visit the department and encouraged to submit an official application. The review of that official application would use the outcome of the departmental review performed for the pre-application and would additionally verify Institute-level admission requirements, such as the Language Proficiency Requirement for international students, in order to complete the admissions process. One of these options must be completed by December 1 for priority consideration, but later applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Our admissions review criteria can be found here.
- NOTE: The GRE will be optional. (It is not required!)
- If you complete a pre-application, you will be informed by January 15, 2024 of the committee’s decision. If the application meets our standards for admission, you will be invited to attend our visitation weekends. If your pre-application reviews favorably, a fee waiver will be provided so that you can complete the Institute application for additionally verification of Institute-level admission requirements.
- PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE IN A COUNTRY WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU), DUE TO THE EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EU GDPR) YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INSTITUTE APPLICATION BELOW. YOU CAN NOT DO A PRE-APPLICATION IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN A COUNTRY IN THE EU, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE A CITIZEN/PERMANENT RESIDENT OF AN EU COUNTRY OR NOT! (IT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED FOR ADMITTANCE TO THE SCHOOL OF CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY GRADUATE PROGRAM!)
- For International students, Rules on English proficiency requirements and who must complete an English proficiency exam can be found here: https://grad.gatech.edu/english-proficiency Failure to meet GTs English language requirements will result in an automatic denial of your application.
- The Institute application requires a non-refundable application fee of $95.00 with your application ($105 for international student).
- Decisions for Fall 2024 admission are made starting in December throughout late February.
For additional questions, please review the Frequently Asked Questions, or contact:
- Dr. Kenyetta Johnson Taylor or Jenae McCray, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- 901 Atlantic Drive, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0400
- Phone (404) 894-8227; Fax (404) 385-0386
- Email: email@example.com or Jenae.McCray@chemistry.gatech.edu